CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Weekend

Well we had a very nice yard sale. Made a good bit of money but most of all got a ton of junk out of my closets. This would be good since I have such limited storage space in my house. Anyway, then when it was over, we took a trip to Goodwill to dispose of even more junk. Next was a trip to Micheal's. I needed picture frames and they are having a big frame sale. I love sales. So, I got what I needed there, made my normal trip to wal~mart and then back home. I was having a productive day so I completed my picture work and decorated a bare wall that I was working on. You see, we try at tax refund time to use our money for big items that we can not get just anytime. My furniture was about 6 years old and very worn down so we replaced it. I was going for the black but Paul agreed that if I chose the cream color then we could repaint the walls. He likes white walls and I do not like feeling like I am living in a hospital. I like a little splash of color. WE agreed and he got the cream color and I got the wall color. Now we are working on changing everything to match the new colors. Here are some pictures. I am limited on space but I think it is coming together. So, after all of that....we had ward conference this morning. That is always fun for me. It being Valentine's Day week, my girls were decked out it their cute hair ribbons and valentine colors. I enjoy getting to see people who visit for conference who I do not get to see very often. There are usually great talks and a nice message in Relief Society, then a GREAT meal before heading home for a nap. So, all of these things came to pass. I listened and learned, I visited and ate, and ate. There was a good message in Relief Society. I even was able to enjoy a good chuckle during our good news moment. We learned way too much about one sister and how she ended her vow of celibacy with her husband. When that story started and had such details, I was not sure where it was going or what to expect. All I can say is....you go gurl!! Nothing like making the "Stake Relief Society Presidency" Blush!! It was great.


Then I also had a great visit with a good friend. Laughed and chatted a while. Came home to Paul cooking dinner (he rocks!) to close down a very nice day. I really am at a happy place in my life. Things are not perfect and I still have struggles here and there, but for the most part, life is good. Good times, good friends and an awesome family. Can not ask for much more then that. Not to mention, there have been too many times when things were way worse.
So, for all of you not having a good day, just remember, it could always be worse. So, make it a good one. If not for you, then do it for someone else.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHEERS to the good times, good friends, and great family! thanks for the visit. you are one cool cat!
I love hangin' with ya!

campbell said...

Got to love those Good News minute.. :)

Anonymous said...

That was too funny!

Connie said...

Every time I thought about that good news I got tickled all over again. I have to think Dorothy was there in spirit because she would have loved that one!!! The living room looks very nice! It is so good when your friends lives are making them happy.

scchesleys said...

Apparently now, said husband can't look any of the women in the eye! He said when he found out about it that he was so embarassed. I say that is good news.

Alona said...

That's what a goodnews moment is for, to share good news and put a smile on the face of others. I know I am still getting a giggle from it.