CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Whada weekend!!

I hope everyone had a good 4th. We had a very busy weekend but it was a lot of fun.

First, I closed my daycare for the 4th and took some time to spend with my family. It being DJ's birthday, I had a few arrends to run. We got some things done and Paul went off to work. Then Valencia called and I ran over and took some pictures for her wedding. I was so excited for her. I will let her show the pics that were taken. I am just going to sneak in this one.
They look so sweet and happy together. CONGRATULATIONS VALENCIA AND JOEY!!!

Then later that night we went over to the Ervin's for their annual 4th of July fireworks display. There were a ton of people there, and with that a ton of fireworks. The guys had a lot of fun lighting the works. We really enjoyed them all. Thanks to everyone to pulled that together and thanks Kristi and Mike for the invitation. We really had a good time.
Saturday was another busy day. We had DJ's party on Sat. instead of Fri because Paul had to work. SO we had some friends and family over for a cookout. Tossed out a few more fireworks. Had a good time. Someone brought the rain with them though so we were dodging ran for a while. Hunter was there to entertain everyone while we waited to finish the fireworks.
The best part of Sat was that my best friend from High school came over. I have not seen her in about 14 years I think. give or take a couple years. I am thinking Keely was a baby then but I am not sure how old Keely was then. So it was great seeing her again. I have missed her. We were inseperable while in school. We rode to and from school together, we worked together and we hung out always. I think she staied at my house more then her own.
It was great seeing her and I look forward to getting to know her all over again.
Sunday was a good day as well. Not so much for Alyssa, she was sick all day and had to miss church. I took DJ and Keely to church. We enjoyed testimony meeting. I was even able to share a good news moment in Relief Society. Not for me but I shared Valencia's good news while she was away on her honeymoon. Everyone was surprised but happy for her.
So now it is Monday, we start another week and I just hope that it's a good one for you and for me. SO....make it a good one.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Well, thanks for not mentioning my name about the rain LOL it appears to follow me wherever I go. I hope I will still be invited to stuff:)

Alona said...

It's ok, we needed the rain Connie. I will make sure to invite you anytime I need my lawn watered. LOL We still love you.