CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Glenn Beck Experiance

So, on Thursday I left to NC with the church youth group to chaparone at Youth Conference. We staid at the campus of Western Carolina University. Besides it being in the mountians and everything was either going up or coming down a step hill, it was awesome. We tried it the first time to get where we needed by walking but once we expeianced the distance and the hills, we drove the rest of the time. There was seminars, dances and activites that kept us all busy. So busy infact that by the end of the day, I could barly make it to my room at night. I am sure not as young as I use to be. But I kept up and it was an awesome time. See my slide show below for pics. The best part of the trip was the white water rafting. It was so fun. I had never been so I was nervous but the river was very mild so I survived (incase you did not figure that part out). I ended up wet from head to toe, and my rowing partner in my raft was Addison who sang "Come, Come Ye Saints" as we went along ...You know the part, "And should we die, before our journey's through, Happy Day! All is well!" lol It was really a good time.

So we made it home Saturday afternoon around 4pm, then Dj, Paul and I met over at our friend's The Osteen's house to join Dj's boyscout troop. The boys were invited to participate in folding the flag after the Glenn Beck show.
Glenn Beck was in town with a show at the Township Auitorium. If you do not know who Mr Beck is, you should really check out his website at http://www.glennbeck.com/ .

Honestly, I did not really know who he was. I have heard his name, I have heard my brother talk about him and Paul LOVES the guy (in a very non sexual way, lol). I am not a very political person so, I just did not know him as well as others.

So, we went to the show. HE IS AWESOME!!! I am now totally a fan. The boys were able to go back stage before the show to meet Mr Beck. He talked to them a little, showed them the 40 ft X20 ft flag, they would be folding. Then he told them to stay after the show for autographs.
I have a video of the flag folding but for some reason it will not load to this blog. I will continue to work on it. For now, go to the link below which is the glennbeck.com blog of the tour. Check out the pictures of our boys with Glenn.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/12554/

I am SOOOOOO Proud of my son but it was bigger then that. I was overwhelmed of the moment we experienced. This was so huge. I was so proud of Camden Ward, Boy Scout Troop 348 Anyone of you who know any of these boys should be proud as well. They showed manners and respect to that flag. They were totally respectful and acted in a professional manner. These boys would have made any other boy or man proud to be part of the Boy Scouts of America.


The boys in the group who did the flag are DJ Rollins, Matthew Moore, Zach Connell, Jimmy Osteen, Campbell Connell, David Osteen, Will Connell, and Ty Miller. These are some awesome boys. The crew could not believe that the boys had only practiced three times before doing this with the third time being just before we got there. We were told by several people that this was the best flag folding that the crew has yet seen.

The next fun part was that after the show, we all got autographs. Even we the parents were able to go backstage to meet Glenn Beck and shack his hand. He then invited the boys to Zesto's (described as the restaurant with the giant ice cream cone on top lol) for ice cream before he had to get back to the airport. Well, we joined him and although he was not able to stay long, he talked to all the employees there and talked to us for a min. Then he said please order some food and thanks for coming over with us. So in the slide show you seen Paul eating his Glenn Beck Burger!!!

This is a night we will not soon forget. What a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cool! It's really awesome our boys got to so this!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is neat! I saw the Glenn Beck stage show that was beamed to movie theaters from Dallas a couple days before the show you saw. I met him in-person before his Christmas show in Salt Lake City last Christmas. You can tell he really cares a lot about people who feel the same way he does about the country.