CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ !!!

Here we go... 18 pics for his 18th birthday. LOOK OUT WORLD DJ is Legal!!

Not that this means a whole lot right now. He had to register for selective service (draft). He will not be out there buying cigarettes and he will not be getting married anytime soon. He only has one more year in high school. But this is an age that we have all looked forward to as teens. We all wanted to be 18 and legal. I guess so we could have more of a say so on things. When I was 18 I moved out on my own. At 19 I got married and before my 20th birthday I had my DJ. I hope and pray that DJ is smarter then I was then. If I could only hit the redo button. I still cant find that dang button.



Having said that, I must also say...NO REGRETS!. I love my children so much. DJ has always been a blessing to me.


I only wish I would have been smarter about it and would have waited another year or three to get that started.


This is my boy. I love him so much. He came to me during a time in my life that I really needed something of mine. I would not recommend handling things the way I did to anyone else but for me, it worked.
Life was not easy but I loved life when DJ was born and if my husband was ever there for not, I still had my baby boy. He and I have always had a very close bond and relationship. Even now he is very protective of me. He is so loving, helpful and caring. I know one day he is going to make a very very good husband and father. One day WAY LATER IN HIS LIFE. (hint hint)








So here are his senior pictures. He is a senior this year at Lugoff-Elgin High school. He has just completed his Eagle project and is only awaiting his board of review to receive his Eagle advancement. We are all very impressed with the work he did on his project and was in charge of there.


After school next year his plans are to go on a two year mission for our church. Then on his return he wants to go to school and major in wood work and carpentry.
He is a very hard worker and does really good work when it is a hands on physical job. He is very very strong. He has a lot of energy. When he sets his mind to a task it is hard to get him to think of anything else.






I know I am very bias but he is such a good boy and I am so proud of him.
I love you so much DJ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

Valencia said...

Happy Birthday to DJ - wow, it doesn't seem we're old enough to have kids this age, Alana! They're getting older but we're all just getting better! ha! Thanks for your friendship and your support this past week - I'll never forget it. I love you bunches! Happy 4th of July and I'll see you soon!
Valencia :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I had a blast last night!