CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Thanks for the flowers

I receive these 2 doz beautiful roses the other day from "Paul's Crazy family"(as the card read) in Utah. They are so nice and really brought a smile to my face. That was so nice of them and I really really do appreshaite them as well as the love that came with them. I am the luckiest person in the world when it comes to in-laws!!
The reason for the flowers was that, I had what we will call a little episoid last weekend. This changed my plans from spending memorial day weekend with my family in the sun to spending it mostly alone and in the hospital. My family was by my side but on memorial day I ended up being very sick and I slept almost the entire day. I went in on Friday night and came home Tuesday night. That was really not what I meant when I said I wanted a relaxing weekend. I guess I should be more clear on things I wish for.
So, I have had much time to think, much time to put my life in perspective and much time to realize all that I have to be thankful for. I also found out a lot about my health. Some good some not so great but will be ok.
I can say this, I thankful for my friends. I was actually surprised about which of my friends showed up for me when I needed them. I know I have different kinds of friends. I have friends who I would call on for different things and at different times. I am thankful for each of my friends and for all of the different things that they do for me and the different times they are there for me. I am lucky to have so many friends and I hope that I am there for my friends when they need me for whatever I may be good at for them. (If that made any sence at all).

I am thankful for an awesome family. Again I could not ask for a more loving and devoted husband, and my kids were awesome too. It was nice to have friends stop in to check on me and even a few calls. Thanks to Laresa for setting up some meals to come into my home. Although Paul told her we were ok, and with older kids they would have been fine, it was also nice that for a couple of nights when I got home, dinner was one thing that we did not have to think about. Thanks to everyone to doing your part to help me feel better. It really did help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty flowers! Sorry I didnt visit.....as you know I was misinformed. =( Glad you are all better though. Hunter said Mommy we have to be good cause Miss Lona doesnt feel good. No if he would only listen to his own advice!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick post to say I'm glad you're better and that I enjoyed your testimony Sunday.

Cheri said...

Sorry I haven't posted...I get time to lurk but never to post lately. I hope that you are feeling better and back to good health soon. Give yourself a big hug from all of us.

Alona said...

Thanks everyone. It was scary but I am all better now. Thanks for your concern and your support...and your hugs.