CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Firemen, Retirement, movies and puppies

Well for the weekend, someone tried to catch the yard on fire. We had to call the fire dept to come out and put it out. What was scary is that we noticed the smoke as I got out of the shower. We were preparing to leave. If we had left 20 mins earlier, I may not have had a house to come home to. Living by the railroad tracks we have had a lot of people cut through our yard (outside of the fence) from the tracks to my road and back. So, Paul played fireman and saved the day and my house!

HOW ABOUT PEOPLE NEED TO SAY AWAY FROM MY BACK YARD!!!

We got the fire out and were off to my Aunt Grace's retirement party. It was a surprise for her and a lot of fun. Her boys Perry and Steve went all out with a big cook out, friends with memories to share, great decorations and super sweet gifts for their mom. We love Aunt Grace. She is so sweet and always smiling. In fact, on the way there, Alyssa asked, isn't Aunt Grace the one with red hair, glasses and always smiling. lol Yup, that would be her. Always a kind word and a smile. We love you Aunt Grace. Congratulations on your Retirement!!

We took it easy the rest of the weekend because we were all so worn out from such a crazy week. We rented some movies. Let me recommend: Mad Money, Surfs Up, and 27 dresses. Of the ones we rented these were the good ones.

We are still playing with puppies. We still have two available. One may be spoken for as she makes up her mind but it needs a home soon so if anyone wants to talk about it, please let me know.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and I hope this week is a great one for everyone. I have another murder mystery party coming up. With these parties, you come in character and play along so if you would like to join the fun, PLEASE let me know soon and I will send you the information you need to know. We hope you will all join us.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Glad you caught the fire. How scary!
I totally forgot to find my murder mystery box. I'll look for it this week.
Thanks for the heads up on the movies. I have thought about renting some of them. We saw the new narnia this weekend. It was very good. If you haven't seen the first one though you need to see it first or you will be lost.
Hope you all have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You didnt tell me what an exciting weekend you had! Course we dont really say much at 7am do we? LOL