CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

What a quiet, crazy weekend

Dont be confused by my title. That is really the best way to discribe it.
First, we pulled off getting Keely out of the house on Friday night so we could decorate and prepare for her surprise party. I did what I could to prepare but was very sick and just wanted to lay down. So, I took care of my daycare babies. They are such good kids. I think they know when I do not feel great. I did not lay down but I just kinda chilled out and they played good and watched cartoons.

The kids helped Paul go clean the church to help out another family that could not do it. They are so good about helping out with that calling. It is truly a family calling to be incharge of making sure the church gets cleaned every week. I am making some changes with the cleaning schedule and trying to make sure that the ward memebers know that it is up to the ward members to keep it clean. It is nice to have a nice, clean building to attend. We should all take pride in that nice building and do our part to keep it that way. I am so thankful for my family for helping me with this and for not complaining about it. I have a great family!!

Ok, so Saturday.... Got up early. Got the house together. Brantley came over to play. Then the party was on. Michelle and Anna came over to party with us. Anna and Brantley had a great time playing with balloons and candy. IT was fun.

Keely's friends came and then we went to get Keely. Brought her in and SURPRIZE!!!!!!!

It was a good time. We decorated flip flops, sang, danced and had yummy fancy dessert.
Later it started raining and got cold out so things settled down and it was finally laydown time for mommy. My house was so loud and crazy but I was totally quiet. I had totally lost my voice. If I tried a couple of times I could get afew words out. It was mostly people reading my lips and Keely translating for me. She always knows what I am thinking anyway. We are of the same mind. (scarey huh)
So night came, the weather has gotten everyone a little down, feeling yucky and so Paul made some feel better potato soup. It was yummy as always.
Sunday Morning came. It was raining and very cold out. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Then Keely came in and so we all got up. Almost all. Paul and Alyssa were sick. They staied home. I was still feeling bad but wanted to go anyway so, I took my squeeky-man voice and went to church. The numbers are church were low. With the temp at 41 and raining outside I am sure many rolled over and did not have a Keely to get them moving.
I am glad I went. I learned more about being prepared for an emergancy, I visited with friends and I heard some really good testimonies. Everyone was froze by the end of sacrament meeting because I think the a/c was on or something but it was still good to be there.
I got home. This time I made some feel good beef veggie soup. Dang it was yummy if I do have to say so myself. lol

Anyway, tomorrow I think it is time for my family to work on being prepared for emergancies and we will be working hard to get things ready for family come on Wed and for our weekend trip. WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! I am going to bed. Hoping to get my voice back tonight. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I coulda used some of that soup myself! I feel like poop today! LOL we had a blast on saturday!

Connie said...

I have the worst attitude about cleaning the church!!! It's kinda like I work all week as do a lot of folks and then I have all the junk to do at home and I am always soooo tired! Excuses, excuses. I did not realize you guys were in charge!

Alona said...

Yes Connie, we are in charge of that now. Just remember, its not something anyone really wants to do (clean the church) but It is something that we are all thankful for when someone does do it.
It is up to all of us to do our part with it. Not just those who have nothing else to do.
Sorry, just have to make that point.


Michelle, I have some soup you can take home with you tonight. Hope you feel better.