CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

whadda weekend!!

We started with a fun Girls Night. Thanks to all who came and to those who tried but did not.....see you next time. We missed you!

We played a game that was much more fun in my head then it was on a Friday night when everyone was too tired to think. Note to self.....No thinking games after 5pm on Fridays. Ok got it.
Now, look at Michelle trying to look all grown up with the adults.
HA! it's ok Michelle, we know better. Now check out the pic of Michelle in her normal form with someone closer to her age. LOL we love you!
Well it was a good time.
The food was yummy. Thanks Paul.
Dont we all love Paul.
I know all of my friends love him. I also know he will be well taken care of if something were to ever happen to me. lol Its all good. I have him now. I will not need him if I am not here. ;-)
We went out this morning to go clean the church. We get back just as the rain began. Now, for our Elgin weather. What in the world is going on. It is Elgin for goodness sakes. We do not have tornados in Elgin!!! Or we didnt....I guess now we do. Check out our little neighborhood.








Oh Hail!!
Railroad crossing arm broken.
I Hope everyone is safe. We lost lights for a while but it appears we were very lucky. The storm came within a half a mile from my house and all trees, etc in my yard are intact. We are very thankful for this as we see that many of our town neighbors were not so lucky. Trees were on cars, homes and electric lines. Mobile Homes were flipped over. Someone's boat was in their tree. Someone elses shed was gone, with stuff scattered in the yard and trampoline was in pieces in trees which were split apart. The dog was so confussed as he found that the fence was gone and he was free. Things were really bad for many. Be very thankful if you are safe tonight in your warm homes. God Bless those who are not.

7 comments:

campbell said...

Alona, That night was really fun. It was nice to talk to the girls. I have to say I enjoyed your game. You are so creative. Once I thought about it when I got home.. I was like wow! Then Alex had to work on a game for school all about the civil war. I gave him your great idea. He put together a great clue game with the civil war. I know we were giving you a bad time but I wanted to tell you that it was so great on Saturday because I didn't have to think on Saturday to help Alex come up with something. Thanks Alona you are the best. Everyone needs to come to girls night out you never know what you will get out of it. I'll have to give you credit for his grade on that project too. :)

Alona said...

Thanks Laresa, you are very sweet. It was just a weird idea I had that sounded better in my head. I am very glad that it helped Alex. Hope it works well for him.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Girls night was alot of fun. I sure hate I missed it. You'll have to do it again soon!!
sorry about all of the "what did they say?" and "who are they talking about?" today. I only have about 75% of my hearing back and I seriously could not hear anything.LOL
well, I could hear a little but it all sounded like an echo.
Tell Paul I need him to make ME a big pot of soup for myself AND add some of that cheese bread with my order, please!!!

Anonymous said...

We had fun! I know Im not an adult!

Connie said...

The game was FUN, Alona! I am always a little spacey by Friday.
I had a wonderful time. I now remember why I always take pictures instead of being in pictures. UGH!!!! Thanks for a great time and thanks for the great comments on my blog.

Alona said...

That why we love you Michelle. You bring a youthlike fun to our group and we would not trade you.

Connie, we were just lucky to have you here. lol

Cindy, I wonder if I should send Paul to the ear Dr. I think your hearing was better yesterday then his is everyday. Or maybe it is just a husband thing. I gave Paul your order. I should warn you....His soup kitchen is on back order and his marriage proposals are on the rise. Not to mention his honey do list is like wayyyy long. So if you are receiving your order sometime late this next fall, Im sorry.
(jk, let him know what kind and he will be happy to do it. )

Valencia said...

Really wish I could've made it--looks like so much fun! Next time...