CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

My Weekend

Hope all of you had a great weekend. Thought I would share mine with you.

Started Friday with going out to help my mom with somethings and ended up standing in the pouring cold rain for HOURS....literely. That was not the most fun I have had in a while but I will say that I am so lucky to have the husband who I have. It just seems that we are such a good team. Whatever project we need to do, we work well together and always seem to have a good laugh in the process. Even when the circumstances are not the best. We were cold and wet and aggravated and we still had fun and laughed and made the best of the situation.

Having been in a totally different type of marriage before, I am so totally grateful for the one I have now.

Then On Saturday, we got going late because we were not feeling that great. I had a ton of errands to run. The wind was so bad that I was totally not wanting to drive. With wind gust of upto 45 mph, that was not something I wanted to deal with. So Paul went with me shopping and handing business. He is great about doing the driving in bad weather. Him being from Utah where the weather is bad most of the year, he can handle it much better then most of us who are from SC. Note, just watch the news about how many accidents occur in the rain here and you will get what I mean. Later Saturday evening, I have to be honest to say I was not looking forward to going anywhere. I was just not feeling great, I was tired and had just needed to relax. But, I knew of Valencia's Girls Night and felt like I should really try to go anyway. Michelle and I decided to meet there and go hang out.

I am so glad that I did. It was a blast. Valencia is such a great host. The yummies were just yummy. The movie was so much better then I expected. Then we had Darla who was the most entertaining part of the evening. Little Anna hung out with me and even Cloe ended up in my lap. I felt right at home. It was such a good time. Thanks again Valencia, Hope you can make it over here on Friday night. It should be fun.

So, that brings me to Sunday. My sweet Keely spoke in Sacrament meeting. Most people do not know this but she actually volunteered. Brother Osteen is always asking the youth, who is going to speak next. No one ever wants to do it. Keely told him she would. I think he thought she was kidding. SO, he did not assign her for a while. She continued to let him know she would do it. He finally asked her this past week to speak. She prepared her talk. I only helped her a little with finding some stuff on the net from some past prophets. It was hard to locate info on the topic she picked. I gave her the info, she put it together. She practiced. She worked on the speed of talk. If you know her at all, she talks very fast. I was so proud of her when it came to it. She spoke clear and confident. She did not look up because she did not want to loose her spot but you could totally understand everything she said. She was quite beautiful standing up there yesterday and I am certainly a proud momma.

GREAT JOB KEELY BEE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Connie said...

I was really disappointed that I missed Keeley's talk. Missed girl's night too. Maybe I will make it to your house on Friday.
Hope so!

Valencia said...

It was so fun having ya'll over and spending time with friends -- I really needed that! Thanks! You are such a great example for me, Alana, and I've so enjoyed getting to know you more. I look forward to Friday night at your house - thanks again! Have a great week!

Alona said...

Thanks so much. I am excited about Friday. We will have a fun Girl game, lots of food and tons-o-fun!!

See you all there!!