CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Congratulations Paul

We can now call him Officer Harper.
Yesterday June 16th Paul graduated at the top of his class and was voted class representative for his Department of Juvenile Justice Training class. Paul was asked to speak at his graduation. He did a great job. He even got a lot of laughs.I told him, it was NOT suppose to be his comedy debut. When I met his instructor and the others in his class, they all seemed to have a great respect for Paul. They all liked him and they all seemed to have fun while in the class. I guess that always helps.
He committed to being certified and prepared to take on the Juvenile Justice department. He was sworn in as Officer Harper and will now work directly with children who are "in the system". Some of these kids were at the wrong place at the wrong time but others have made direct choices to put them where they are. Some of these kids have done things that you would have only see on movies. Many many of them are there because they are in gangs and have done things in the gangs to put them there. There are even kids there who simply would not go to school. Yes that is right, if you skip too much, you will skip your way to DJJ. Not cool.
Paul is very excited about this new career and opportunity. He loves working with the youth and he hopes to make an impact on some of them there. We are all excited for him and it is great to see him in his element.
I know that I will be doing a little more praying for his safety. This is not the safest job in the world. It is what makes him happy so we will go with it but yes I will worry. No, I'm excited. worried but excited. Yeah, that's it.
Thanks for listening while I vent. lol I am sure he will be fine and yes this is how I am convincing myself of that.
CONGRATULATIONS PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!

7 comments:

campbell said...

Way to go! Congratulations. It is always cool I think to cheer on your husband. (I didn't mean your husband, I meant our own husbands in general.. o.k. I am in a silly mood and now I am just sounding stupid.:) )

Christy Peake said...

That's soooo awesome!! BIG CONGRATS Officer Harper!!

scchesleys said...

Way to go Paul!!! Adding prayers for his safety, Jared just loves him.

Connie said...

Having worked with some of the former "guests" of DJJ and some that were on their way to being "guests"...I wish Paul the best. He will be great at this job! It's a funny world with a strange code of respect...He should have no problem.

*HIS, HERS & OURS * said...

ALONA,
CONGRATS ON OFFICER PAUL!!!
HE WILL BE IN ALL OUR PRAYERS!!!
NOT EVERYBODY MAKE GREAT CHOICES!!
BUT NEEDS A SECOND CHANCE!!
AMEN BROTHER

SEE YA,
DARLA

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo!

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo!