CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Who would'a thunk it???

Ok, I did it and I am actually enjoying it! lol


When I was a teenager, my sister worked at Domino's pizza. She was a driver, she answered phones and took orders, she made the pizzas (taking pride in the way she could throw the dough to make the crust). She did it all there. She worked there forever. I remember going with her to work some because she worked on the USC campus and there were some really good looking guys working there as well. So, of course I did not mind hanging out. What was that tall dark haired guy's name anyway?? hum...don't remember, but he was a hottie.

So, that was her thing. She did it for ever like I said and she was really good at it.


So......I never imagined working at Domino's myself but guess what. At the end of September, I took a job there as a night time driver. I am "the Domino's guy oh I mean girl" That is usually what they say when I get to the door. lol

Well, I decided that I would work for a while to help with gas money and Christmas money. Not looking for hotties like I was back then. lol

While my daycare numbers went down for the summer, I never really filled the spots and now with the holidays coming I usually will not pick up in numbers until Jan. ish. So that's not a terrible thing. Its always nice to have a break here and there.

So I am learning the roads in Elgin and some of Lugoff. I am enjoying the hustle and the instant gratification of tips for my work. I am impressed with the earning potential. I never would have guessed this would be for me but I am having a great time. It works great with my daycare schedule. I play with kids in the mornings and hang out with adults (well older kids really) in the evenings. I still get to see Paul some and we have gas money when we need it.

I guess sometimes if you step out of your comfort zone it may surprise you of your potential.
This is also a great cure for boredom.

So there you go MK, bet you did not expect that!!!


GET THE DOOR, ITS DOMINO's and maybe even Alona!!

If anyone is looking for work, let me know. They still need drivers.

2 comments:

paul said...

get the door it is domino's! wondering what kinda tip i can give ya if you deliver to my house? hmmmm i will have to think about that.......

mktitus32@yahoo.com said...

OH YA I KNOW THE NAME...
What a surprise.
You know that is where I had the most fun and got into alot of trouble. And met James. YAAAA

but seriously please be safe. lock you car when ever you are not in it.
but a good flashlihgt.
have a good cell phone that works in all the areas you deliver to.

please be safe. if in doute do not stop.
pray often you will need it.

and this is very important. 1/2 of all tips should be spent on upkeeping you car...

and better tips come with smiles and hot food.
good luck