CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


To the one person who is always there for me with a hug. The one who always listens and never judges me for anything I am or have been. For the one who shows me everyday that he is happy to be in my life. The one who would miss sleeping for 36 hrs because he would rather be with me while I have to testify in court. The one who brings me flowers when I feel sick. He comes in from working all night and puts a meal on for me and the kids in the crock pot so I do not have to cook dinner later. He helps me so much with my daycare. I think sometimes the kids love him more then they do me. I am sure it has something to do with him always having a treat for them.
Happy Anniversary Paul. I love you so much and am thankful for you and who you are for me.

I met this guy 3 years ago on the Internet of all places. We live in a different time now. I was single for a long time and had tried every avenue while seeking a compatible mate. Just when I was giving up again, I go into a "Mormon singles chat room" and the conversation when kinda like this...
HIM- Hi
ME- HI
HIM- what is your ASL?
ME- almost 35, female, SC ...what about you?
HIM-38 - m- Utah
ME- what are you looking for?
HIM- Just friends and someone to hang out with, chat with, etc
ME-Yeah me too
HIM- oh you are not looking for marriage like every other fem on here?
ME- maybe one day but not really for now....I'm tired of the games. burnt out on losers and guys are just dumb so....just taking it easy for now.
HIM- I agree with all of that except that there are some of us who are not losers. I do know what you mean though because I have met some crazy girls too.
ME- well good, so now that we are on the same page....I'm bored, you wanna get married??
HIM- Sure lets do it
ME- OK great! The only thing is...you will have to move here. I don't do snow.
HIM- We will have to see about that. And the rest is history. We were just joking and having fun that night but look at us now. We dated via the phone, Internet and a few visits going both ways for a year and then he made the move. I am so glad that he did. I love him with all of my heart. I am thankful for all he does for me and who he is. He helps me so much and is the best friend that I have every had. I married into the best family as well. They all have taken me and my children in and have been awesome to us. Maybe if I keep trying I can get some of them to move out here as well so we can been closer. Until then, I like the occasional visits we get to take to Utah. I am hoping this makes since. It is really too early for me to be thinking.
So anyway..... I love you Paul. I hope we have at least another 100 good years.

2 comments:

Valencia said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute together!!! I've missed you -- hope to see you soon.

Christy Peake said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad ya'll have each other. Many more to come...