CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Baby reaches double digits





















October 9th, 1998. I go in for a scheduled c-section. Only to find that she was already on her way. I was suppose to deliver before going into labor. I must have just missed the labor pains because when I went in, my water had broke that morning in the shower. I did not know it because of the shower. Kinda one of those things that made since later.





So, with my 1st c-section, the Dr's had to push and pull and make Keely come out. Resulting in me feeling like I had broken ribs and other bruises that may come from getting hit by a truck.
This time, they opened me up and she rolled to the top. Just to say, here I am, I am ready to go.

She had a hard road getting here as my body wanted to be difficult so I am sure she had been looking for the door to get out and get moving in life. I think she is still that way. Always looking for somewhere to go and an opportunity to do something.

Well she is having a birthday. She reaches double digits today. I have mixed emotions as she is my final creation and I want to keep her to myself. On the other hand, she is very independent. She always has been. I remember having problems reading to her as a toddler. She wanted to do it herself. She did not want help. Then knowing that DJ and Keely are so much older, she is always trying to catch up and be like the big kids.


So, my little girl is growing up. She went on the 4th grade Seagul field trip which is an overnighter. That was hard for me but I guess I need to let her grow. She is so smart and so strong willed, I don't think I have a choice. She is not one of those who will let me baby her until she is 20. I think she is 10 going on 20 already.




Slow down Alyssa, you need time to grow and so do I. I will do my best to keep up with you.




I LOVE YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4 comments:

scchesleys said...

I remember that 4th grade SEAGUL trip with Kiersten, I was scared to death the whole time she was gone, but she made it back alive and happy.

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

tigerstrip83 said...

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!!! You are making me feel old.I rememeber the day you were born.I got to skip school that day!
Love your favorite aunt,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's 10 already. She looks just like her sister.